Sunday, May 21, 2006

MALIA HAWAII

return to Bambi's page


"A performer who lives to entertain!"

I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii in 1979 by my parents who were both entertainers! We lived on Kauai, The Big Island and now I call Oahu my home. I was exposed to jazz, hula and hip-hop till I was 11years old. By 1990 we had relocated to Hilo on the Big Island where I was engrossed in Tai Chi, Aikido and Tae Kwon Do-Martial Arts became my life.

I began playing musical instruments as a young child and my family and I performed with our band locally. My Father taught me drums, bass and guitar.
When we lived on the Big Island there were no dance classes that interested me; so my sister and I made up our own choreography and dances to our favorite music at home. Dancing was in my soul and I knew my time would come...

In 1998 my immediate family and I moved back to Windward, Oahu. As soon as we got back I started searching for dance lessons that would fulfill me. There was an advertisement for "Ethnic Belly Dance by Shakti" I was so intrigued, and joined class immediately! I fell in love with all aspects of the Art of Belly Dance! Belly Dancing was everything I wanted; fun, exotic and musical. It taught me to move my body in ways I never thought possible and accentuating my femininity; with costumes I've only dreamed of! Now I was complete.

As if by destiny, a variety of Belly Dance classes became available. The amazing teachers that I've had the privilege of being involved with are: Maya ( Ruth Cuti ) in Kaimuki, Gale Fenna at K.C.C., Shakti in Kaneohe, Shadiya on Kapiolani Ave., Alexandria in Berkley, California, Ansuya in Florida, Shamira in Eva, Letifa from Berkley, CA, Shoshanna from CA, and Dondi Dahlin, Kaya and Sadie, Fahteim, and Alexandra King. I want to give my heartfelt appreciation to all of them and their different styles!


Now I'm Performing Professionally Nation Wide, and teaching lessons all over the state of Hawaii!
It's my passion and I'd be honored to share it with you!

She brought so much color to the show, with a lot
more dancing, sparkle and flash! Also I loved her acting
expressions that took me deeper in the story!"
Sundae Merrick (writer & psychic)

"I'm so happy you found Malia! I've enjoyed her
dancing many times. She's always makes me feel so
comfortable and gets me up to dance with her! She is
a joy1 What a great choice you have made to
include her in The Arabian Nights Show!'
Mona Y. Darwich (greatest fan!)

"The great energy in her dancing caused the
entertained crowd to smile at her pleasing performance!"
Trina (Amber financing)

"With the way she moves her body in the dance,
makes me appreciate the woman's body and curves!"
Sandhya (The Artist )

"Her facial expressions are so cocasious when she dances!
And she moves beautifully with every beat of the music!"
Misty ( Home assistant )

"Her performance was different from the other
Belly Dancers I've seen, Because I really felt
her dancing, music and energy!"
Joyce Brown

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw Malia tonight at Yanni's restaurant and was mesmerized! So glad to see her on your blog! Thank you!

4:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home